Ken's Green Tea Salon

Sharing cultures is my precious with so many people. I want to introduce my country Japan to the world. One of Japanes culture is green tea. Yes, I really like it very much. so this blog will provide you Japanese green tea topics. We can share much information about it; health, taste, fashonable drinking methods so on. Anything is OK!! Let'S have a talk and enjoy a lot together!!

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Silk Road



When I was 20 years old, I traveled the Central Asia. The ship took me to Shanghai from Osaka. I still remember my neighbor in the large second room was Estonian guy. He seemed to see his friend in Kyoto then on the way to Shanghai. Anyway the chance to meet him became to reason for me to close the country called Estonia. The summer in 2000 I visited Estonia, and it was my first trip to foreign country. At the time I really didn’t imagine I would go back Estonia very soon.
Ok I have to write about the Silk road this time. I guess I will write about Estonia in other day. When I was a kid, my parents took me an exhibition about silk road. So what is exactly Silk Road?? Some time it might be called as “East meets West”. In my opinion, it’s trade road to connect Asia to Europe. I guess you know the name Marco Polo. Thanks to my parents, I’m so interested in the silk road, and then promised for myself someday I traveled the silk road.
It was amazing. If you’re also interested, then please just take yourself to the great journey. I remember all of days in my journey. I started from Shanghai. My route was heading to the central Asia; Kazak, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Trukmen. Everyday little by little the faces of local people are changed. I mean the people of west coat China, their face is very similar to Japanese like me. But you move to west. Then everyday you will find difference in their faces. Anyway I can’t write everything about my experiences there. So I introduce the excellent blog about the central Asia. Her blog is in Japanese.But don’t worry, I promise you will really enjoy the pictures. She helped me a lot in Kazakustan. Thanks to her coordination, I could travel with satisfaction. I don’t know when I can travel silk road again. But whenever I feel dropping out my job, I’m always on her blog. It makes me remind of memoir in the central Asia.

http://yksilkroad.exblog.jp/m2006-07-01/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home