Ken's Green Tea Salon

Sharing cultures is my precious with so many people. I want to introduce my country Japan to the world. One of Japanes culture is green tea. Yes, I really like it very much. so this blog will provide you Japanese green tea topics. We can share much information about it; health, taste, fashonable drinking methods so on. Anything is OK!! Let'S have a talk and enjoy a lot together!!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Japanese old house

The couple of weeks ago, I visited one famous place in Saitama prefecture next Tokyo.
The city called Honkawagoe is well preserved old one. In my experience this type of house above picture is very rare to find around Tokyo. But it is near Tokyo. Kyoto & Kamakura are very popular among tourists. Honestly I really didn’t know anything of Honkawagoe. It is called as small Edo; Edo was Tokyo’s previous name. One of my colleagues from India taught me the place!!! So I decide to go there with my girl friend.
You know, learning culture is my favorite hobby. When I was an university student, I always traveled so many places. Many times my journey was boundary Japan.
My girl friend and me were really excited there. She likes taking photos and enjoying walking around. We really recommend you to visit there if you want to have small trip to learn Japanese old tradition; tea shops, sweat, clothes, pottery so on. Honestly Honkagwagoe is not big like Kyoto & kamakura. But still worth visiting. Here the above picture is a tea house. In inside there’s so many traditional potteries for selling. I’m sorry that I can’t show you the inside of this house. I just didn’t take photo the inside. Anyway there we enjoyed a lot of arts. Of course Japanese green tea and Matcha are available. If you have an opportunity to visit Tokyo, please check “Honkawagoe” in web search engine. It’s near Tokyo!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawagoe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home